If you missed the Podcast, shame on you. The links are in the last post and you should go there now. Be sure to subscribe on iTunes to receive updates as new episodes are posted.
Happy Easter everyone! Hopefully your Easter was spent surrounded by family and friends. I’m sure you were busy so let’s have a Weekend Run Down to catch you up. But, all we are going to cover are the two things that matter this week, The Final Four and The Masters.
- Michigan topped Loyola Chicago 69-57 to make the Finals for the fourth time. If you took my advice on Barley Pop Sports to bet Loyola Chicago, oops. My bad. It was Lumpy’s idea.
- Villanova smacked Kansas 95-79 to reach the Finals for the second time in three seasons.
- Michigan doesn’t have a prayer. It opened with Villanova as the 6.5 point favorite. Villanova has beat every opponent in the tournament by an average of 18 points. RIP Michigan.
- MASTERS WEEK HAS ARRIVED!
- But first, Ian Poulter won The Houston Open today to land himself a trip to The Masters. He banged a 20 foot putt on the 18th to force a playoff with Beau Hossler, that he eventually won. I have been critical of Poulter in the past, and that likely won’t change, but what a pair on that guy. Good for him.
- Augusta’s famous Azaleas will not be in attendance at The Masters this year. Thanks to a mild winter and late freezing, the Azaleas bloomed earlier than expected, then wilted away. Jim Nantz will be devastated.
- Television coverage will be as follows:
Monday April 2nd: Press Conferences 12pm-3pm, Golf Channel
Tuesday April 3rd: Press Conferences 9am-2:30pm, Golf Channel
Wednesday April 4th: Par 3 Contest 2pm-4pm, ESPN
Thursday April 5th: Live Coverage 2pm-6:30pm, ESPN
Friday April 6th: Live Coverage 2pm-6:30pm, ESPN
Saturday April 7th: Live Coverage 2pm-6pm, CBS
Sunday April 8th: Live Coverage 1pm-6pm, CBS
- Tiger Woods, Jordan Spieth, and Justin Thomas are the favorites at 10-1. Rory McIlroy, Justin Rose, and Dustin Johnson are at 12-1.
A great week ahead! Enjoy the NCAA National Championship game and take in all of The Masters you can! Be sure to look for the newest episode of Barley Pop Sports which will come out either Friday or Saturday.