The longest week of my life was followed up by the shortest weekend ever. Thank you for your patience last week and The Oakdale should be back in full swing this week. Without further ado, let’s run down weekend 13.
- Duke lost. Thank God. If Kentucky can’t win I don’t want Duke to win. Kudos to Kansas for spoiling their party. Rock Chalk Jayhawk.
- The Final Four is set. Loyola Chicago plays Michigan and Villanova plays Kansas. I can’t think of a more exciting group of teams to battle it out. What a year for college basketball…
- As I write this, Nashville is tied for the number one spot atop the entire NHL. But they are currently playing Winnipeg so that could change.
- With only seven games remaining in the season, Nashville is trying to hang on with both hands for the Presidents Cup and home ice throughout the playoffs.
- Predators 2017 First Round pick Eeli Tolvanen has finished up his season in the KHL and should be joining the Predators soon. He broke the KHL rookie scoring record and put on a show in the Olympics.
- Bubba Watson won the WGC-Dell Technologies Championship over Kevin Kisner. Just a classic example of evil triumphing over good. At least Justin “Titty Baby” Thomas didn’t win.
- Tony Romo finished dead last in his PGA Tour debut. For everyone keeping score at home he also finished dead last at having any skill as an announcer for NFL games earlier in the year. Tough year for Tony. Tony’s use to it.
- Martinsville was snowed out. Who schedules a race in Virginia this early in the year? Has NASCAR ever been snowed out? What a weird situation. They are going to try and run the race tomorrow. Good luck. Looked like a lot of snow.
What’d I get wrong? What’d I miss? Get outta here and have yourselves a good week you sexy scoundrel.