The eleventh weekend of the year was my favorite, with the exception of the whole tractor situation. Anytime you can watch as much basketball as I did, you know you’re doing life right. Let’s see what all went down in the Weekend Run Down.
- So much to say, so close to bed time. I’ll hit the high notes and the highest note there is would be the University of Maryland Baltimore County. They stole our hearts by defeating number one Virginia but ultimately met there match against K-State. That team was a pure pleasure to watch and I look forward to telling my kids their story one day. They won the tournament. People will forget who is left standing April 2nd but no one will forget UMBC.
- This tournament has been perfect and hopefully it isn’t spoiled by Duke winning it all. Sixteen Seed over a One Seed, twenty two point comebacks, upset cities, and a slew of Cinderella’s. It will make this upcoming week even longer waiting on more hoops this weekend.
- With Virginia and Xavier losing, this is the first time in NCAA Tournament history only two number one seeds advance to the Sweet Sixteen. How’s your bracket?
- Kentucky will play Kansas State Thursday, the time is yet to be determined. They are now the highest seed in the South as a five. I don’t know if we should be excited or terrified.
- The Nashville Predators were the first team in the NHL to punch their ticket to the playoffs with their 4-2 win over Colorado on Thursday. They currently sit atop the NHL with 104 points.
- If the playoffs started today Nashville would play the Anaheim Ducks in the first round. I would love nothing more to start our playoff run than beating their brains in.
- I’d love to tell you more about the NHL but I’m assuming most of the people who read this only care about Smashville. As you should.
- Rory McIlroy won the Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill by three strokes.
- The Irishman looked elite all weekend and was it just me or did he look like he had lost some muscle? Maybe he didn’t pack a shmedium shirt like he normally wears but he looked to me to be less cut. Either way he had every element of his game working. He resembled the Rory we saw just a few years ago and just in time for April.
- Tiger finished T5, eight strokes back. It’s all part of the process.
- 17 Days till The Masters!!! With Rory, Tiger, and Phil playing elite golf at the moment, I am chomping at the bit for Augusta.
- If you took my advice and bet on Kevin Harvick to win this week at Auto Club Speedway, sorry.
- Martin Truex Jr. won the Auto Club 400
- I wish I could tell you more but who the hell watched the race when there was so many upsets in college basketball today.
Long week ahead for me as I will be tied up in classes for work. See you when I can fam. What’d I miss? What’d I get wrong?