Weekend 8 of 52 in the books for 2018. I hope yours went well, I know mine did. Let’s finish it all up and head into the work week with a Weekend Run Down.
NCAA Men’s Basketball
- Sean Miller got shit-canned in Arizona after FBI wiretaps caught him discussing paying a recruit $100,000 dollars. Arizona went on to play a game that they lost but ultimately had they won it would’ve been vacated by the NCAA, so who cares? Does anyone use Burners anymore? Looks to me like agents and college coaches could learn a thing or two from their local drug dealer.
- Kentucky kicked Missouri’s throat in for their crimes against us earlier in the season. Kevin Knox played which should mean the staff believes any question in his eligibility will be a non issue. Or they realize how horrible we would be without Knox and are rolling the dice. Either way, let’s goooo!
- “F*ck yeah baby!” Justin Thomas yelled as he banged in a putt to win The Honda Open over Luke List in a sudden death playoff.
- Thomas later apologized for the language but he’s won 7 of his last 31 events, he can say whatever he wants when he rolls the white marble in the carpet can. If you can’t hack it change the channel.
- Tiger finished 12th and is starting to look like he may be a legit contender for the green jacket in April.
- 38 days till the Masters. Hang in there boys. We can make it.
- Kevin Harvick won the Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500 which is a huge improvement from last weeks Daytona 500 winner Austin Dillion.
I’d rather see an asshole win than a spoiled brat any day.
- Also, Jeff Gordon teased a possible return to racing for a Craftsman Truck Series race at Martinsville. He’s never raced a truck but I’ll take Jeff, you can have the field.
- The trade deadline is tomorrow so get ready for big moves and shuffles as teams head to the final stretch of the season.
- The Nashville Predators swept the season series with the St. Louis Blues blanking them 4-0 in Bridgestone this afternoon.
- The Predators also traded Pontus Aberg to the Oilers for a 4th Round pick in the 2018 draft. Presumably to make room for Mike Fisher and maybe a key offensive piece.
- Rick Nash was traded to the Boston Bruins in a blockbuster deal.
- They’re over.
- Olympic athletes from Russia beat Germany 4-3 in overtime to win the gold in Men’s Hockey. Gary Bettman is the devil.
- USA comes home with their lowest medal count in 20 years with 23. 9 Gold, 8 Silver, 6 Bronze, which was good enough for 4th overall.
That’s all I’ve got. What’d I miss? What’d I get wrong?
Have a good week everybody. Or don’t. Who am I to tell you what to do?